Promote Your Event Like a Social Media RockstarJuly 25th, 2012 | Posted by in Social Media
You wanna be a social media rockstar to promote your event. We want you to be too. But rockstars aren’t born overnight, they are a result of the consistent application of the event promotion fundamentals. So in order to get you on your rocket ship, we’ve highlighted ways to leverage social media and online tools to blast you to the moon.
Commit these steps below to memory or print them out and stick them to your office desk, your car dashboard, and your sleeping pillow. It’s easy to get lost in the weeds, focusing on one aspect of the event promotion mix. DON’T. Refer back to the list to stay on track. You’ll accomplish your event goals, we know you will.
Event Marketing Tips with Social Media
Before Your Event
- Market Your Event Through Twitter
- Market Your Event Through Facebook
- Market Your Event Through LinkedIn
- Market Your Event Through Your Blog
- Market Your Event Through Online Event Listings
- Use Ticket Management and Registration Tools
During Your Event
- Be Active on Foursquare and Gowalla
- Tweet Those Hashtags!
- Live Blogging
- Share Photos
- Put Thoughts on Video
After Your Event
- Blog About Reflections on the Event
- Upload Photos to Social Sharing Sites
- Distribute Presenter Content
We’d love to take credit for all these brilliant ideas, but we’d rather give a shout out to the brilliant Rich Brooks who published the full-length post “12 Ways to Market Your Event With Social Media” at the SocialMedia Examiner. Rich provides great detail about how to execute on each step.
EventChocolate is automated online event promotion – promote your event across the web in one-click.